NORSOK - D-001
|Publication Date:||1 December 2012|
This standard describes the functional requirements, design outline, installation and testing requirements for the drilling facilities and their systems and equipment on fixed installations and mobile offshore drilling units (MODUs).
Functional requirements will normally be based on:
Area of operation:
- Skagerrak and North Sea;
- the Norwegian Sea;
- Barents Sea, south of 72ºN;
- Barents Sea, north of 72ºN.
Area of utilization:
- drilling facility for fixed installations operating in one field during lifetime;
- modular drilling rigs;
Planned well operations:
- drilling wells;
- well work-over;
- well interventions;
- well abandonment operations;
- 3rd party equipment and operations;
- simultaneous operations.
- amount of waste from drilling area;
- possibility to handle waste;
- drain systems.
- online support;
- replacement of 3rd party equipment;
- interface towards facility/unit equipment and systems;
- interface to 3rd party equipment.
The design outline is meant to encourage:
- safe design and lay-out;
- robust and efficient facilities/systems;
- separation of various areas and systems/equipment;
- working environment.
Design of facility require:
- verified layout by design review;
- all relevant operation conditions/situation
- interface between all relevant functions with adequate capacity included.
Minimum testing requirements are:
- factory acceptance test (FAT);
- commissioning test;
- acceptance / integration test based on complete verification of equipment and systems/sub systems as operated under normal conditions.