CEI EN 60519-1
Safety in installations for electroheating and electromagnetic processing Part 1: General requirements
|Publication Date:||1 September 2015|
|ICS Code (Electric furnaces):||25.180.10|
This part of IEC 60519 specifies general safety requirements for industrial installations or equipment intended for electroheating (EH) and electroheating based treatment technologies as well as for electromagnetic processing of materials (EPM).
The requirements are applicable to industrial installations or equipment with the possible use as:
- equipment for direct and indirect resistance heating,
- equipment for electric resistance trace heating,
- equipment for induction heating,
- equipment using the effect of electromagnetic forces on materials,
- equipment for arc heating, including submerged arc heating,
- equipment for electroslag remelting,
- equipment for plasma heating and plasma surface treatment,
- equipment for microwave heating,
- equipment for dielectric heating,
- equipment using electron guns,
- equipment for infrared radiation heating,
- equipment for laser heating.
NOTE The list presents typical examples of equipment and its applications and is not exhaustive.
The overall safety requirements for the various types of EH or EPM equipment and installations result from the joint application of the General Requirements specified in this standard and Particular Requirements covering specific types of installations or equipment (guidelines are given in Annex G). If no Particular Requirement is covering a specific installation or equipment, the General Requirements are applicable as such.
This standard does not apply to equipment and appliances within the scope of:
- IEC 60079 series - i.e. equipment or installations intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres;
- IEC 60335 series, - i.e. household, commercial and similar electrical appliances, including room heating;
- IEC 60601 series - i.e. medical electrical equipment,
- IEC 60974 series - i.e. arc welding equipment,
- IEC 61010 series - i.e. equipment for laboratory use.