German construction contract procedures (VOB) - Part C: General technical specifications in construction contracts (ATV) - Drilling works
|Publication Date:||1 August 2015|
|ICS Code (Contractual aspects):||91.010.20|
|ICS Code (Earthworks. Excavations. Foundation construction. Underground works):||93.020|
This standard deals with the drilling of holes, irrespective of their type, depth or heading (orientation), in particular for
- geotechnical investigation and testing of site and groundwater, water extraction and discharge, ground water lowering, drainage, degasification and geothermal exploration,
- grouting (including jet grouting), constructing bored or grouted piles, constructing contiguous bored pile walls, including those for supporting and sealing,
- installing anchorages, other structural elements, borehole heat exchangers and measuring equipment,
- drilling work for the purposes of maintaining, repairing and decommissioning wells, ground water measuring stations and borehole heat exchangers, for backfilling abandoned boreholes,
- for drilling work to loosen the ground, for removal of obstacles or soil exchange.
This standard does not cover:
- borehole sinking operations (see DIN 18302),
- trenchless pipelaying (see DIN 18319),
- drilling in buildings (see DIN 18459).
DIN 18299, clauses 1 to 5 shall also apply. In cases where the specifications of DIN 18299 contradict the present standard, DIN 18301 shall take precedence.