ARMY - AR 611-5
Personnel and Classification Testing
|Publication Date:||9 December 2015|
When the term "personnel test" is used, it includes the following:
(1) The test booklets and compact disks containing questions.
(2) Computers that can access test questions via the Web or network.
(3) All ancillary materials (such as answer sheets, scoring keys, conversion tables, manuals for administration and scoring, and automated systems (hardware and software) for administration, scoring, and recording of results).
b. Uses. Army personnel tests are used to accomplish the following:
(1) Select applicants for entry into the Regular Army, Army National Guard (ARNG)/Army National Guard of the United States (ARNGUS), or U.S. Army Reserve (USAR).
(2) Select applicants for appointment as commissioned or warrant officers.
(3) Assess skills for initial or subsequent classification of enlisted personnel.
(4) Select officers, warrant officers, Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) cadets, United States Military Academy (USMA) cadets, and enlisted personnel for assignment to training or duties needing specialized aptitudes or qualifications.
(5) Assess and reassess enlisted and officer skills.
This regulation prescribes policies, responsibilities, and procedures for procurement, safeguarding, scoring, release of Army personnel tests, and overall administration of the Army Personnel Test (APT) Program.