Performance Requirements for Push-Fit Fittings
|Publication Date:||1 July 2020|
This standard applies to push-fit fittings that can be used with one or more of the following materials:
1) PEX tubing complying with ASTM F876 or CSA B137.5.
2) Copper tubing, hard drawn Type K, L and M and annealed Type M not to exceed 3/8 nominal, complying with ASTM B 88.
3) CPVC tubing complying with ASTM D2846 or CSA B137.6.
4) PE-RT tubing complying with ASTM F2769 or CSA B137.18.
5) PP-R/PP-RCT tubing complying with ASTM F2389 or CSA B137.11.
6) CPVC-AL-CPVC complying with ASTM F2855.
7) Transition push-fit fittings intended for installation on PB tubing
These fittings shall have a nominal size not to exceed 2" CTS.
Minimum Pressure and Temperature Ratings
These fittings shall be designed for a continuous water service up to and including 100.0 psi (689.5 kPa) at 180.0 °F (82.22 °C). Push-fit fittings are not intended to be used in temperature/pressure