DIN - DVS 2205-2 BEIBLATT 7
Calculation of tanks and apparatus made of thermoplastics - Vertical round, nonpressurised tanks - Ring-supported conical base
|Publication Date:||1 December 2015|
|ICS Code (Stationary containers and tanks):||23.020.10|
The following structure and calculation rules apply to vertical, cylindrical, factory-fabricated thermoplastic tanks with supporting frame and conical bases supported by concentric rings. The cylinder, frame and supporting rings can either be manufactured from panels or by using a winding process.
The following prerequisites must be satisfi ed when using this supplement:
• The conical base ends in a connecting piece with elbow and fl ange.
• The frame and supporting rings each have an opening that is large enough to fi t the discharge pipe. The openings in the frame and the rings are reinforced using pipe couplings with a length of dA/2, which are welded at both ends with the same overlap.
• The openings in the frame and supporting rings should be high enough that they can also be used to support the discharge pipe.
• If there are additional openings in the conical base, the frame, the supporting rings or the lower cylinder section, these must be analysed separately.
• Shut-off valves or other fi ttings must be arranged outside the frame; there is no access to the space below the conical base.
• The calculations are for a tank with a conical base without a receptacle.