Gas cylinders — Design, construction and testing of refillable composite gas cylinders and tubes — Part 1: Hoop wrapped fibre reinforced composite gas cylinders and tubes up to 450 l
|Publication Date:||1 November 2020|
|ICS Code (Gas cylinders):||23.020.35|
This document specifies minimum requirements for the material, design, construction and workmanship, manufacturing processes, examination and testing at time of manufacture for:
- type 2 composite hoop wrapped cylinders or tubes with a load-sharing metal liner and composite reinforcement on the cylindrical portion only;
- water capacities up to 450 l;
- the storage and conveyance of compressed or liquefied gases;
- cylinders and tubes with composite reinforcement of carbon fibre, aramid fibre or glass fibre (or a mixture thereof) within a matrix or steel wire to provide circumferential reinforcement;
- a minimum design life of 15 years.
This document does not address the design, fitting, and performance of removable protective sleeves.
NOTE 1 References to cylinders in this document include composite tubes if appropriate.
NOTE 2 ISO 11439 applies to cylinders intended for use as fuel containers on natural gas vehicles and ISO 11623 covers periodic inspection and re-testing of composite cylinders.