Specifications for Particular Types of Winding Wires - Part 0-5: General Requirements - Glass-Fibre Braided Resin or Varnish Impregnated, Bare or Enamelled Rectangular Copper Wire
|Publication Date:||1 November 2006|
|ICS Code (Wires):||29.060.10|
This part of IEC 60317 specifies general requirements of glass-fibre braided resin or varnish impregnated, bare or enamelled rectangular copper wire.
The range of nominal conductor dimensions is given in the relevant specification sheet.
When reference is made to a winding wire according to IEC 60317-39 or IEC 60317-40 mentioned under Clause 2, the following information is given in the description:
- reference to IEC specification;
- nominal conductor dimensions in millimetres (width × thickness);
- grade of coating and glass covering.
The coating shall be characterised by the following grades of thickness:
- BGL1, bare conductor with 1 braided layer of glass fibre
- BGL2, bare conductor with 2 braided layers of glass fibre
- grade 1 BGL1, enamelled grade 1 (grade 1) with 1 braided layer of glass fibre (BGL1)
- grade 1 BGL2, enamelled grade 1 (grade 1) with 2 braided layers of glass fibre (BGL2)
- grade 2 BGL1, enamelled grade 2 (grade 2) with 1 braided layer of glass fibre (BGL1)
- grade 2 BGL2, enamelled grade 2 (grade 2) with 2 braided layers of glass fibre (BGL2)