Power transformers – Part 11: Dry-type transformers
|Publication Date:||1 May 2004|
|ICS Code (Transformers. Reactors):||29.180|
This part of IEC 60076 applies to dry-type power transformers (including auto-transformers) having values of highest voltage for equipment up to and including 36 kV and at least one winding operating at greater than 1,1 kV. The standard applies to all construction technologies.
This standard does not apply to:
- gas-filled dry type transformers where the gas is not air;
- single-phase transformers rated at less than 5 kVA;
- polyphase transformers rated at less than 15 kVA;
- instrument transformers (see IEC 60044 and IEC 60186);
- starting transformers;
- testing transformers;
- traction transformers mounted on rolling stock;
- flameproof and mining transformers;
- welding transformers;
- voltage regulating transformers;
- small power transformers in which safety is a special consideration.
Where IEC standards do not exist for the transformers mentioned above or for other special transformers, this standard may be applicable as a whole or in parts.