ISO - 15926-1
Industrial automation systems and integration Integration of life-cycle data for process plants including oil and gas production facilities Part 1: Overview and fundamental principles
|Publication Date:||15 July 2004|
|ICS Code (Extraction and processing of petroleum and natural gas):||75.020|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
This International Standard specifies a representation of information associated with engineering, construction and operation of process plants. This representation supports:
- the information requirements of the process industries in all phases of a plant's life-cycle;
NOTE 1 The process industries include those involved in oil and gas production, refining, power generation, and manufacturing of chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food.
- sharing and integration of information amongst all parties involved in the plant's life-cycle.
The following are within the scope of ISO 15926:
- a generic, conceptual data model that supports representation of all life-cycle aspects of a process plant;
- reference data that represents information common to many process plants and users;
- scope and information requirements for additional reference data;
- methods for the analysis of requirements and development of reference data;
- procedures for registration and maintenance of reference data;
- templates for the exchange of data used in a particular context and their mapping to the conceptual data model;
- methods for the development of such templates and their mapping to the conceptual data model;
- conformance to the requirements of this International Standard.
The scope of business activities that are supported by this International Standard is illustrated in Figure 1, which shows the main activities and data flows associated with the life-cycle of a plant.
NOTE 2 Figure 1 is based on the Process Plant Engineering Activity Model .
NOTE 3 The support for a specific life-cycle activity depends on the use of appropriate reference data in conjunction with the data model defined in ISO 15926-2.
EXAMPLE A reference data library covering technical data about process systems, electrical systems and instrumentation systems can support design, engineering and maintenance activities for these systems within a process plant.
The following are outside the scope of ISO 15926:
- commercial, business, and administrative data that are not directly related to the engineering, operation and maintenance of process plants.
This International Standard is applicable to implementation of databases or data warehouses that enable integration and sharing of data amongst different participants in the life-cycle of a process plant. The generic data model specified in ISO 15926-2 provides a suitable conceptual data model for such a database or data warehouse.
NOTE 4 See 5.2 for further information concerning the nature of conceptual data models.
This part of ISO 15926 provides an overview of this International Standard. The scopes of the other parts of ISO 15926 are defined within those parts.