CEI EN 60831-1
Shunt power capacitors of the self-healing type for a.c. systems having a rated voltage up to and including 1 000 V Part 1: General - Performance, testing and rating - Safety requirements - Guide for installation and operation
|Publication Date:||1 March 2015|
|ICS Code (Other electrical accessories):||29.120.99|
|ICS Code (Power capacitors):||31.060.70|
This part of the IEC 60831 series is applicable to both capacitor units and capacitor banks intended to be used, particularly, for power-factor correction of a.c. power systems having a rated voltage up to and including 1 000 V and frequencies of 15 Hz to 60 Hz. This part of IEC 60831 also applies to capacitors intended for use in power filter circuits. Additional definitions, requirements, and tests for power filter capacitors are given in Annex A. The following capacitors are excluded from this part of IEC 60831:
- Shunt power capacitors of the non-self-healing type for a.c. systems having a rated voltage up to and including 1 000 V (IEC 60931-, -2 and -3).
- Shunt capacitors for a.c. power systems having a rated voltage above 1 000 V (IEC 60871-1, -2, -3 and -4).
- Capacitors for inductive heat-generating plants operating at frequencies between 40 Hz and 24 000 Hz (IEC 60110-1 and -2)
- Series capacitors (IEC60143-1, -2, -3 and -4)
- AC motor capacitors (IEC 60252-1 and -2) - Coupling capacitors and capacitor dividers (IEC 60358-1)
- Capacitors for power electronic circuits (IEC 61071).
- Small a.c. capacitors to be used for fluorescent and discharge lamps (IEC 61048 and IEC 61049).
- Capacitors for suppression of radio interference (under consideration).
- Capacitors intended to be used in various types of electrical equipment, and thus considered as components.
- Capacitors intended for use with d.c. voltage superimposed on the a.c. voltage.
Accessories such as insulators, switches, instrument transformers, fuses, etc., should be in accordance with the relevant IEC standards and are not covered by the scope of this part of IEC 60831. The object of this part of IEC 60831 is to:
a) formulate uniform rules regarding performances, testing and rating;
b) formulate specific safety rules;
c) provide a guide for installation and operation.