Gas cylinders — Design, construction and testing of refillable composite gas cylinders and tubes — Part 2: Fully wrapped fibre reinforced composite gas cylinders and tubes up to 450 l with load-sharing metal liners
|Publication Date:||1 November 2020|
|ICS Code (Gas cylinders):||23.020.35|
This document specifies minimum requirements for the material, design, construction and workmanship, manufacturing processes, examination and testing at time of manufacture for:
- type 3 fully wrapped cylinders or tubes with a load-sharing metal liner and composite reinforcement on both the cylindrical portion and the dome ends;
- water capacities up to 450 l;
- storage and conveyance of compressed or liquefied gases;
- cylinders and tubes with composite reinforcement of carbon fibre, aramid fibre or glass fibre (or a mixture thereof) within a matrix;
- a minimum design life of 15 years.
This document does not address the design, fitting, and performance of removable protective sleeves.
This document does not apply to cylinders with welded liners.
NOTE 1 References to cylinders in this document include composite tubes if appropriate.
NOTE 2 ISO 11439 applies to cylinders intended for use as fuel containers on natural gas vehicles and ISO 11623 covers periodic inspection and re-testing of composite cylinders.