CEI - EN 60335-2-69
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety Part 2: Particular requirements for wet and dry vacuum cleaners, including power brush, for industrial and commercial use
|Publication Date:||1 March 2012|
|ICS Code (Cleaning appliances):||97.080|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This European Standard deals with the safety of electrical motor-operated vacuum cleaners, including back-pack vacuum cleaners, for wet suction, dry suction, or wet and dry suction, intended for commercial indoor or outdoor use with or without attachments.
NOTE Z101 Commercial use of these vacuum cleaners is for example their use in hotels, schools, hospitals, factories, shops and offices for other than normal housekeeping purposes.
The following power systems are covered:
- mains powered motors up to a rated voltage of 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances,
- battery powered motors.
This standard also applies to machines handling hazardous dust, such as asbestos.
NOTE Z102 Additional requirements for machines handling hazardous dust are given in Annex AA. Attention is drawn to the fact that in many countries additional requirements on hazardous substances might apply.
NOTE Z103 Radioactive substances are not covered by definition of hazardous dust for the purpose of this standard.
NOTE Z104 Attention is drawn to the fact that in many countries additional requirements on the safe use of the equipment covered may be specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
This standard does not apply to
- machines designed to be part of a production process;
- machines designed for use in corrosive environments;
- machines designed for picking up liquids with a flash point below 55 °C;
- machines designed for use in explosive environments (dust, vapour or gas), except those designed for use in zone 22;
NOTE Z105 Additional requirements for vacuum cleaners designed for collecting combustible dust in zone 22 are given in Annex CC.
- vacuum cleaners and water-suction cleaning appliances for household use as covered by IEC 60335-2-2;
- spray extraction machines as covered by IEC 60335-2-68;
- floor treatment machines for commercial use;
NOTE Z106 IEC 60335-2-67 covers floor cleaning and floor treatment machines for industrial and commercial use. IEC 60335-2-72 covers automatic floor treatment machines for industrial and commercial use.
- hand-held mains-operated electrical garden blowers, vacuums and blower vacuums as covered by IEC 60335-2-100;
- centrally sited stationary vacuum cleaning systems;
- hand-held appliances;
- hand-held and transportable motor-operated electric tools.
NOTE Z107 The IEC 60745 series covers hand-held motor-operated electric tools; the IEC 61029 series covers transportable motor-operated electric tools.